Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mermaid Blood: Cove Character Sketches

More Mermaid Blood sketchies. I've been trying to work out the design for Cove, since, despite everything I said about Nyneve, Cove has a lot more details to him. He's basicly a frankin-mer-fish-thing, plus the main character (sort of) Once again---roughs, so bad anatomy is bad.


And if you can't read my writing, don't worry. I tend to write in a code where I subconsciously skip letters as I write. If you can actually read this, you are a freaking genius.

It's mostly just notes about Cove's hair, and face. It helps me work out his "look" a little better. Also got in a few expressions and how his hair moves (he does live under water). I had the most trouble with the eyes, since the first few tries came out much more "muppet-y" and if his pupils are drawn incorrectly, he looks cross-eyed. The one with the arrow pointing to it is a more finalized version


And here I am trying to figure out how to give Cove an eyepatch and scars without making him look piraty. Always fun. I've finally decided on the seashell eyepatch with thin string, since it doesn't get in the way of the rest of his face as much.

Why leave in the eye patch? because magic can only do so much (not actually being sarcastic). Cove's left eye is extremely sensitve to light.

The poses are just basic movement ideas, though the pose in the top right is much more of Cove's style. He can be a bit of a pompous jerk. (Yes, I know the arm is horrible.)


I'm still trying to figure out all of Coves scars, stitches and basic siloette. I'm trying to find a balance between all of his details. Some of the "wounds" change over time, but there are some that are pretty much permanent.

Thats it for now!

Seeya
 Tegan Dumpleton aka SlugLady28

No comments:

Post a Comment