Sunday, May 27, 2012

MEH! Logo

So, several weeks ago, I posted the very first strip for my sort-of-not-really-autobiography comic. I posted it under the name Slug Corner, but made it clear that i really, really didn't like the name. There are only so many times I want to use the word Slug in something. However, I really really suck at making names. I think The amount of names I ended up coming up with was... over 50 and I was not happy with any of them. So, like any sane person, I started banging my head against the wall with frustration, shouting out a dozen horrible, cliche names and then collapsed on the ground, gave up and shouted "MEH!"

... That works.



Tada!!

It's simple, it works with the strips I'm planning, has nothing to do with the word slug and it's something I actually say, along with "Gah", "Geh" and "Blarg". Usually when I'm at my wits end, or frustrated, or bored, or just trying not to worry about something... It's a multi-use sound effect.

But it can also stand for things like "Misadventures in Evil Housework", "My Epic Holiday", "Mission: Epsilon Hunting" (I am also a Pokemon fan).

Or "My Enormous Headache", which is how I'm feeling right now, since my computer, scanner, and even facebook is causing me issues tonight. Luckily, I was able to get this imaged scanned before my scanner broke down. Unfortunately, the color isn't completely accurate.

But anyway, here's a quick mock up of the logo on the comic


I haven't completely decided everything yet. So the look and color might change. I'm going to edit this strip, with the new name and logo.

So when will there be a new issue? Not just yet. I want to build up several strips before I start posting.

Until then,

Seeya,
 Tegan Dumpleton aka SlugLady28

Oh, and if you didn't know yet, I started an actual "normal" blog on tumblr. This is where you can news going on with me, plans I have and just random things, expecially since facebook is being a pain in the butt and has blocked all links going to Blogger. Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment