Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Snake with No Name


Alternate Title: Fist Full of Serpents.

Medusa as a gunslinger in the Wild West. What the hell was I smoking during the con?

So a while back, I made up a Medusa character for a series that is so undeveloped at this point, I’m not even going to go into it right now. But then I came up with this little idea and thought: Huh, that would make a good short story.

So, why would Medusa need guns? Cause she's a good guy now... sort of?

Look, I honestly can't say much without revealing spoilers. Of course the setting is the wild west, and she is the medusa. She is lot less evil and looking for a little redemption due to the things she's done. (There was alot more to the myths then we know). Hence the blindfold. I noticed Medusa is depicted with a bow and arrow, and I pictured her with other long range weapons, like a crossbow and a shot gun. Then I was thinking about her in different eras and, well, this happened.


And i know I said not to worry about anatomy issues, expecially on initial first sketches like this... but holy crud, It has been too long since I drew a gun. Time for some de-rusting.

Seeya
 Tegan Dumpleton aka SlugLady28

(Sorry this weeks post is cutting it so close. Lots of stuff going on this week for mothers day. The newest sketch-log article will be up soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment