Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Warm Up Week part 1: Davie

Hey guys! So, in order to finish some projects I'm working on, I need to do some warm up exercises. Test out some techniques and such with mediums i haven't work with in a while. And as I do them, I'll be posting them on the site. Heres the first:


This is Davie, your friendly neighborhood baby monster. Color scheme isn't final.

And it took way longer to draw him then it should. Though, a good chunk of that time was spent experimenting with brushes before settling on the settings I wanted. Photoshop has become more of an editing tool for my traditional works. But it's nice to use my tablet again...

This is my usual technique: a sketchy cell shading style. I'll be experimenting with other techniques later on in the week.

Seeya,
 Tegan Dumpleton aka SlugLady28

No comments:

Post a Comment